Senior Python Developer
November 2014 - Present
Odoo (Formerly OpenERP)
May 2010 - November 2014
Odoo is an open source suite of business applications including Sales, CRM, CMS,
Project management, Warehouse management, Manufacturing, Accounting and Human Resources.
( http://www.odoo.com )
Here's a list of some of the tasks I have achieved during my mission at Odoo:
Project: Creation and launch of a Sass platform for OpenERP v5
- Creation of a virtual machine in order to mock the Sass control center
- Adapted the Sass workflow’s data structure for easier email template management
- Creation of the CRM’s workflow entry points on the website
- Integration of the Sass campaign in the website
Project: Release of OpenERP v6.0
- Bug fixing on the webclient
Project: Development of the new web client released in OpenERP v6.1
- Creation of a prototype with the CTO
- Development of QWeb2 (the template engine used in Odoo since v6.1)
- Development of the Form and Kanban views
- Project management for the Calendar view
- Integration of the old client’s design and development of miscellaneous chrome parts
- Creation of a ‘debug’ mode integrated to the UI
- Misc core development + bug fixing
Project: Upgrade of the Sass platform
- Implementation of OAuth 2.0 in OpenERP and the Sass platform
Project: New openerp.com website for the v7 release
- Project management, follow up on assigned tasks, planning and coordination
- Setup of a staging web server
Project: Creation of Odoo v8’s flagship CMS "Website Builder"
- Prototype: map DOM changes (@contenteditable) to server side views arch field
Framework development for the CMS (updates for WSGI dispatching and controllers routing, helpers,
lazy loading, debug friendly http 500 error pages with broken templates recovery, python code auto reload,
load views from disk, scaffolding, ...)
- Architecture of the front-end's core library
- Multi language support
NOTE: Most of the code I've written for those projects can be found at the following address:
Owner, IT Consultant, Software Developer, Linux System Administrator
Founded Hagrid sprl on January 2013
Software development and consultancy for various customers.
External Consultant & Software Developer
June 2000 - May 2010
Software development and consultancy for Siemens S.A., Siemens Business Services,
Fujitsu-Siemens Computers and Siemens Enterprise Network.
During my mission at Siemens, I've have been in charge of the analysis, the architecture,
the implementation and the maintenance of a wide range of projects, including:
- a jobsite
- an intranet
- a newsletter and mass mailing system with tracking and reporting
- a form generator used for internal and external surveys, registrations, ...
- a multi company Event Management System
- a Product Management System
- an Issue Tracking tool
- a Media Management Tool
- various Content Management Systems
- "20km de Bruxelles" real-time web results
Microsoft SQL Server
Best of Publishing & Cromozone
Web Application Developer
September 1998 - June 2000
Best of Publishing is the publisher of monthly B2B publications with specific target audiences within the ICT sector.
In 2000, Best of Publishing made a partnership with the Cromozone web agency.
- Development of various Content Management Systems for websites and portals.
- Development of a Document Management System
- Administration of a GNU/Linux Debian server running a DNS (bind) and sendmail service.
- Layout creation and design of various portals and websites.
- Writing of a series of graphics tutorials for the "Publish" magazine.
- Development of jobuniverse.be Belgium IT Career Nr.1 Website (bought by StepStone in 2001).
Microsoft SQL Server