Senior Python Developer
November 2014 - Present
Odoo (Formerly OpenERP)
May 2010 - November 2014
Odoo is an open source suite of business applications including Sales, CRM, CMS,
Project management, Warehouse management, Manufacturing, Accounting and Human Resources.
( http://www.odoo.com )
Here's a list of some of the tasks I have achieved during my mission at Odoo:
Project: Creation and launch of a Sass platform for OpenERP v5
- Creation of a virtual machine in order to mock the Sass control center
- Adapted the Sass workflow’s data structure for easier email template management
- Creation of the CRM’s workflow entry points on the website
- Integration of the Sass campaign in the website
Project: Release of OpenERP v6.0
- Bug fixing on the webclient
Project: Development of the new web client released in OpenERP v6.1
- Creation of a prototype with the CTO
- Development of QWeb2 (the template engine used in Odoo since v6.1)
- Development of the Form and Kanban views
- Project management for the Calendar view
- Integration of the old client’s design and development of miscellaneous chrome parts
- Creation of a ‘debug’ mode integrated to the UI
- Misc core development, bug fixing, code review
Project: Upgrade of the Sass platform
- Implementation of OAuth 2.0 in OpenERP and the Sass platform
Project: New openerp.com website for the v7 release
- Project management, follow up on assigned tasks, planning and coordination
- Setup of a staging web server
Project: Creation of Odoo v8’s flagship CMS "Website Builder"
- Prototype: map DOM changes (@contenteditable) to server side views arch field
- Architecture of the front-end's core library
Framework development for the CMS: updates for WSGI dispatching and controllers routing, helpers,
lazy loading, debug friendly http 500 error pages with broken templates recovery, python code auto reload,
load views from disk, scaffolding, ...
- Multi language support
NOTE: Most of the code I've written for those projects can be found at the following url:
Some of the talks I've given during Odoo events are available on slideshare:
Owner, IT Consultant, Software Developer, Linux System Administrator
Founded Hagrid sprl on January 2013
Software development and consultancy for various customers.
External Consultant & Software Developer
June 2000 - May 2010
Software development and consultancy for Siemens S.A., Siemens Business Services,
Fujitsu-Siemens Computers and Siemens Enterprise Network.
During my mission at Siemens, I've have been in charge of the analysis, the architecture,
the implementation and the maintenance of a wide range of projects, including:
- a jobsite
- an intranet
- a newsletter and mass mailing system with tracking and reporting
- a form generator used for internal and external surveys, registrations, ...
- a multi company Event Management System
- a Product Management System
- an Issue Tracking tool
- a Media Management Tool
- various Content Management Systems
- "20km de Bruxelles" real-time web results
Microsoft SQL Server
Best of Publishing & Cromozone
Web Application Developer
September 1998 - June 2000
Best of Publishing is the publisher of monthly B2B publications with specific target audiences within the ICT sector.
In 2000, Best of Publishing made a partnership with the Cromozone web agency.
- Development of various Content Management Systems for websites and portals.
- Development of a Document Management System
- Administration of a GNU/Linux Debian server running a DNS (bind) and sendmail service.
- Layout creation and design of various portals and websites.
- Writing of a series of graphics tutorials for the "Publish" magazine.
- Development of jobuniverse.be Belgium IT Career Nr.1 Website (bought by StepStone in 2001).
Microsoft SQL Server